Here are some tasty campfire treats you may find at our sessions and you can make at home!
Campfire Chocolate Orange Cakes
- Oranges – 1 orange per cake
- Instant cake mix – ones you just have to add water to are the best for the campsite
- Slice off the top of each orange at about 1/4 of the way down.
- Hollow out the oranges.
- Make the cake mix.
- Fill each orange with cake mix and put the top back on the orange.
- Wrap each orange in foil.
- Place on campfire (how long depends on how hot). Cooking time varies, depending on where you place them in your campfire. We recommend checking every 10 minutes.
Campfire Banana Boats
Simply slice your banana length ways, be sure the tip of your knife grazes the peel on the other side but doesn’t cut through.
Stuff your banana with some yummy delights, chocolate buttons, wee pieces of fudge, chopped strawberries, chopped hazelnuts, caramel sauce or even honey can all be delicious. The flavour combinations are only limited by your imagination!
Then it is time to wrap, baking paper next to the banana with foil on the outside works really well.
Make sure your fire has burned down and is mostly embers. You can pop your banana boat right on them and only takes a few minutes. You’ll know it is ready when it feels a little squidgy with your tongs.
Give it a moment to cool, the foil will be hot and be careful when peeling as you don’t want a steam burn!
Grab a spoon and enjoy!