We regularly hold family sessions for all ages in a number of our parks. Come and enjoy learning and experiments as a family. We explore the local environment and use it to help us learn.
These sessions are always varied, from scientific experiments or studies to den building, art to engineering challenges, you can be sure of a different session every time!
The entire session is outside, regardless of weather conditions. We live in Scotland so can easily see all 4 seasons within the 2 hours. It is essential that children come to the sessions dressed appropriately for the weather conditions.
- warm clothing top and bottom, in layers so that if it is warm they can shed a layer and still be comfortable
- hat and gloves, sun hat if appropriate
- a waterproof outer layer, top and bottom – so waterproof coat and trousers are advisable
- waterproof shoes in case it is muddy. We recommend walking boots or wellies, but you can send them in trainers as long as they are sturdy
- no shorts or skirts please, however hot it is. We have brambles and nettles in places at most sites – ouch!