This club is for younger children, from 2 years to 5 years old and their parents! Each month we enjoy a well loved children’s story and activities linked to it. We explore the local environment and use fun activities to capture the children’s imagination and curiosity.
The sessions are all about children learning in, and about, nature. There might be a story, some art, a scavenger hunt and there will always be time for families to explore together. Families participate in a range of activities designed to develop the child’s growing understanding of the world.
The entire session is outside, regardless of weather conditions. We live in Scotland so can easily see all 4 seasons within the hour and a half. It is essential that children and adults come to the sessions dressed appropriately for the weather conditions.
Clothing for all
- warm clothing top and bottom, in layers so that if it is warm you can shed a layer and still be comfortable
- hat and gloves, sun hat if appropriate
- a waterproof outer layer, top and bottom – so waterproof coat and trousers are advisable
- waterproof shoes in case it is muddy. We recommend walking boots or wellies, but you can wear trainers as long as they are sturdy
- no shorts or skirts please, however hot it is. We have brambles and nettles in places at most sites – ouch!
Group numbers are limited. It is essential that you book your place in advance.