Love Outdoor Learning is a unique opportunity for children to learn about their environment as well as their thoughts, feelings and relationships. Time outside, in a safe and structured environment can aid children in developing their understanding of the world, the environment and themselves, using their emotions, imagination and senses. We can develop days to meet particular experiences and outcomes that meet your classes needs.
We are also aware of the expense of education. Our experience days are designed to keep costs low for schools. They can be undertaken in the school grounds or an area within the local community. This means there is no need for packed lunches, children can go back to school to eat. Furthermore, there is no need for expensive coaches to move the children to the location, they can simply walk there.
Whilst are experience days are designed to work with a single class only, they can be adapted to work with a range of classes over the course of a single day with shorter workshops.
Some of our more popular experience days are:
– There are many significant events within the school year, from the start of the year where children begin to bond to the end where they mark their accomplishments. Our Milestone Days help children record and remember these days.
– We encourage children to work collaboratively and independently in a range of activities to develop their literacy skills. This can include writing poems and stories but also using drama to develop stories or creating art in the natural environment as a response to stories listened to. These days can be linked to specific authors or class novels.
– Whether you want to learn about ecosystems, understand how the landscape evolves or try out the skills our ancestors would have had to have, local woodlands are perfect to launch, complement or culminate classroom projects.
– These days are filled with fun and excitement where children are set a range of STEM challenges to complete.
– What better way to explore a historical project than getting outside and living some of the experiences. We aim to bring history to live and explore a range of skills which will engage and motivate your learners.
Living Things Days –
This day allows your children to explore what lives in your local woodland. From scavenger hunts to bug collecting and tree identification. We offer a wide range of activities to help children explore their natural habitat.
Our experience days are very affordable. We can discuss which park close to your school will offer the most learning opportunities for the day you choose. This means no transport is required. Contact us
now to discuss your requirements.